Welcome to the third part of this series – Fertility Diet Guidelines – During Ovulation.
Many women know when the are about to ovulate. If you are charting your cycle you will know approximately when you ovulate each month. This is the time to eat more foods that support healthy ovulation.
- Royal Jelly
- Green superfoods
- Avoid dairy and soy
- Avoid processed sugar
- Take Vitamin C – this improves hormone levels and prevents oxidative aging of the eggs.
- Take Vitamin E – this has been shown to repair damaged eggs
- CoQ10 helps to improve egg health
- L Arginine is an amino acid necessary for fertiltiy. L-Arginine increases blood flow to the ovaries allowing faster nutrients and anti-oxidants to be delivered to the ovarian tissue.
Remember, you also need to have lots of fertile mucus at this time so you should eat foods that increase your mucus.
- Evening Primose oil
- Lots of water
- Avoid processed foods
- Avoid refined carbohydrates
- Avoid excessive meat consumption
- Calcium – makes the PH of the cervical mucus less acidic and more sperm friendly
Next week we will look at dietary guidelines for after ovulation.