Welcome to the second part of this series – Fertility Diet Guidelines. Today we will be talking about our Fertility Diet Before Ovulation.
During this time your body is attempting to do many different things at different times during your monthly cycle. It needs specific nutritional support before ovulation for the development of healthy follicles, which must contain the healthiest eggs and be capable to mature the most perfect egg to be released.
As an integral part of your fertility diet for this function, make sure you eat plenty of the following foods:
- Cold pressed oil of olive, sesame oil and flaxseed oil.
- Organic meat (totally avoid any meat that has been fed synthetic estrogen at this time as it can delay ovulation).
- Lots of organic legumes like lentils, cheek peas, black eyed beans, etc.
- Lots of leafy green vegetables like kale, spinach, broccoli, all of which contain B vitamins which is important for egg release.
- Avocadoes are high in essential fatty acids.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Raw nuts and seeds that are high in healthy fats and minerals.
- Whole grains like spelt and kamut.
- Lots of organically grown fruits – strawberries, cherries, mangoes, citrus fruits.
- Deep fish that has been wild caught (salmon, cod, sole, tilapia, sardines).
Each of these add nutrients necessary for optimizing your fertility and helping to get your body prepared for conception.
During this time it is also important to limit dairy and soy products. Limiting processed sugars, caffeine, alcohol and trans-fats is also important.
This time-frame is critical for preparing your body and helping it to be nutritionally fit for conception. What you do now will greatly increase or decrease your chances for conception.